Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lists for Blog Assignment

List 1- Books I've Read:
These are three books I was unable to put down and actually enjoyed reading
- A Million Little Pieces By James Frey
- The Kite Runner By Khaled Hosseini
- Fight Club By Chuck Palahniuk

List 2- Book I want to Read:
I'm not much of a reader so I don't really know specific titles, I mostly just have certain areas that interest me
- Biographies of people that interest me (I want to finish Scar Tissue)
- Books about drug addiction/ other hardships, and over coming them
- Graphic Novels
- I Hope they Serve Beer in Hell- By Tucker Max

List 3- Artists that Inspire Me:
- Stefan Bucher- Blown ink and sharpie artist that creates little monsters- good for hybrids
- Stina Persson- Water color artist amongst other mediums
- Winston Smith- Master collage artist (Green Day album covers and numerous others)
- Musically- Death Cab for Cutie, Band of Horses, Modest Mouse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, A Day to Remember
Sites-
Stefan Bucher
Stina Persson
Tape Site
Steele's Flickr

List 4- Other things that Interest Me (list of my choice):
- Music- lyrics, sounds, the power of song and memory, emotion
- Movies- Strange movies that make you think, deeper meanings, plot twists, artsy film techniques
- Dance- the beauty of dance moves, the ability to count (8-counts), the physical strength needed
- Snowboarding- nothing as freeing as this activity, I get lost in the motions of the board, also a physical thing, a rewarding workout

All of these things have a certain flow or structure to them that lets me in and I am able to get lost in the lyrics, plot, beat/count, and movement.  I think it only furthers my abilities as an artist.  I am able to see the art behind all of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment